Parents always want to help their child but don't always know what to do. Here are some ways you can help your child at home.
- Read to your child every night.
- Ask your child what they did at school today.
- Look over the papers they bring home. Let them explain to you what we did today. They will be excited to tell you if you are excited to listen.
- Go over flash cards with your child to review letters, letter sounds, sight words and numbers.
- Review "Rainbow words" nightly.
- Practice counting to 100.
- Help your child learn to tie his/her shoes.
- Help your child recite: birthday, address and phone number.
- Help your child learn their ID number. They use this number daily going through the breakfast and lunch lines.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you help your child have a great year!
I appreciate all of your help and support!